Find out by having a look at the following statements and see which ones apply to you:
- You’ve kept all of your school exercise books – you never know when you might need them.
- In your kitchen cupboards there are tins and packets of food way past their sell by dates, and let’s not go near the spice rack!
- 12 months ago you made a pile of papers marked ‘urgent action’ – and they are as yet untouched.
- There is a shelf in your bathroom full of miniature bottles of shower gel, shampoo etc. that you’ve purloined from hotel rooms.
- You have an overflowing drawer in the kitchen where you stuff plastic carrier bags.
- You have a box of videotapes just waiting to be watched sometime.
- Somewhere in your wardrobe there is that two sizes too small pair of jeans and band tour t-shirt from your younger days…
- You love ‘buy one get one free’ offers – you never know when you made need all those bottles of bleach.
- You have gifts for people stashed all over the place that you haven’t given because you forgot you had them.
- That computer that broke three years ago – you will have it fixed one day.
If at least 5 of these statements describe you and your home then it’s probably time you got a handle on your clutter. Have a look at my blog ‘How to de-clutter your wardrobe’ for some tips to get you started, or see this great article on the Good Housekeeping website for some other ideas.