In today’s housing market it is more important than ever to invest in your home to increase its value and potential. Here are my top tips for improving and maintaining your home:
- Re-think your colour schemes – look at the orientation of your rooms and instead of just painting them in neutral shades, try using cool colours such as greens and blues in south facing rooms and warm colours such as terracottas, reds and golds in north facing rooms to add warmth and character.
- Update your kitchen – no other room in the house is as important for enhancing your home’s value than the kitchen. You could have a full re-fit or just try updating the taps, worktops and cupboard doors.
- Renovate your bathroom – introduce better lighting, add texture and colour with new tiling and think about replacing sanitaryware. A heated towel rail adds a luxury touch as do power showers. Consider converting your bathroom to a wet room as these have become sought after additions to the home.
- De-cluttering – remove unwanted, unused and worn out things from your home, re-cyle them, donate them to charity and then invest in some great storage to put away and display the things you really love and are precious to you.
- Focus on the floor – replace worn and dated floor coverings with desirable wood and stone finishes, adding rugs to introduce further texture and colour.
- Use your outside space – outdoor seating/living/cooking areas are easy to install with the amazing outdoor all-weather furniture and outdoor lighting that is now available, and this can add extra living space and some decadence to your home .